Fractures and broken bone injuries can be caused by a number of situations—slip and falls, auto accidents, workplace accidents, bicycle crashes, or pedestrian accidents—and unfortunately they are fairly common. Though many people will experience a fracture in their lifetime, these injuries can be extremely painful and costly, which is why Jenkins Utley, P.C. is here to fight for you to get the compensation that you deserve.
At Jenkins Utley, we will help you understand how these more specific injuries can impact the value of a settlement or court award that you could be entitled to.
Types of Fractures & Breaks
There are several different types of bone fractures you can experience:
• Greenstick fractures are incomplete fractures where the bone is bent, but not broken. These injuries are found most often in children.
• Stress fractures are the result of repetitive movements and activities. They are typically small cracks in the bone.
• Compound fractures are the most sever and involve a complete break and the bone piercing the skin.
• Buckled fractures are caused when one end of a bone is driven into another.
• Comminuted fractures are the shattering of a bone, causing it to break into more than 2 pieces.
Seeking Compensation After Your Fracture
Though there is a range of severity and magnitude of bone fractures and broken bones, you could still be entitled to a settlement. If you or a loved one has sustained a bone fracture due to another party’s negligence, talk to us at Jenkins Utley, P.C. as a legal recourse.
You can pursue compensation for many types of medical bills, including ambulances, emergency room stays, surgeries, and physical therapy or rehabilitation needed after your accident. You may also be able to receive compensation for lost income during your time away from work and for any pain and suffering endured as a result of your injury.
Sometimes, insurance companies try to limit or deny your personal injury claim. The lawyers at Jenkins Utley, P.C. are familiar with the tactics that insurance companies use to limit the compensation paid to injury victims and will fight on your behalf to pursue the maximum compensation that you deserve.
Contact the Personal Injury Attorneys at Jenkins Utley, P.C.
If you or someone you love has been affected by a broken bone or fracture due to another party’s negligence, you have a right to compensation to cover medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and more.