You Deserve Compensation for Your Injury Pursue Justice with Jenkins Utley, P.C. On Your Side

Auto Accident FAQs

I was involved in an automobile wreck; what now?

The first thing you should to do is report the wreck by calling 911. A police officer will survey the scene, speak to the people involved and any witnesses, ticket the at-fault driver, and complete an incident report that you will be able to pick up at a later time. After the police have investigated the wreck, if you are injured, seek emergency medical care. After seeking emergency medical treatment, once you return home, you will then need to report the accident to your insurance company. Your insurance company will ask you questions about what happened and assign a claim number to your case.

If the collision is your fault, then your insurance company will cover you, your vehicle, and the other person/people involved. If you are not the at-fault driver, then you will need to file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. You can get the at-fault driver’s insurance information at the scene, and it will also be listed on the incident report.

Anytime you are involved in a collision, it is a good idea to document everything that has happened, including taking photographs of the scene, car damage, and physical injuries you have sustained. Once the scene has been documented, and if it is safe, all vehicles involved should be moved out of the way of traffic if possible.

Should I give a recorded statement?

It is best to speak to an attorney, who will give you proper advice before you give a recorded statement. Often times an insurance adjuster will frame questions in a confusing way and you could end up saying the wrong thing. If you do give a recorded statement, just be mindful about what you say. Listen carefully to the question being asked and answer that question only. Explain yourself and what happened only when necessary. Remember, there will be plenty of time later to fill in all the details, so be simple and brief in your recorded statement.

I already gave a recorded statement, can I still file a claim?

Yes. Just because you have given a recorded statement does not mean you no longer have a case. However, it could potentially make your case harder to resolve. Before worrying about the statement, consult with an attorney first. If you already gave a statement, the attorney will be able to get a copy of your recorded statement and go over it with you, and can try to counteract any damage that may have been done.

Should I file a claim?

Yes, but do not try to navigate the complexities of a car accident claim alone. Oftentimes the at-fault driver’s insurance company will deny liability in whole or in part, or will not willingly pay the full extent of your vehicle repairs, or adequate compensation for your injuries. Consult with an attorney first. The personal injury attorneys at Jenkins Utley, P.C. will give you a free consultation. We offer caring & compassionate counsel and are happy to speak with you and review your case free of charge.

4 Reasons to Turn to Jenkins Utley, P.C.

  • Personalized Representation

    You receive one-on-one attention from an attorney the entire way through your case when you put us on your side.

  • Cost-Effective Solutions

    Jenkins Utley, P.C. proves that quality guidance for your personal injury case is affordable and attainable in Atlanta.

  • Dedicated Advocates

    We are committed to being trusted and empathetic counselors to you and your loved ones throughout the process of your claim.

  • Responsive Team

    Our attorneys get back to clients promptly when they call or email us to address the working components of their case.